Cold sores on vagina.. anyone have info??? Genital herpes-TMI adult content

So I found out- in the hospital- that I have genital herpes from a cold sore! Anyone ever get this??
Last week my hubby and I took a shower together. I shaved all over down there and we ended up making out, which led to oral sex/sex..
The next morning I knew I was getting a cold sore on my lip (I still have it).. I had a bunch of in grown hair down there from doing a horrible job shaving and not being able to see well over my prego belly.
Well, the next day my vagina was on fire and the one side of my vagina lip looked lip open wounds! (not the pimple looking things called ingrown hairs) It got so bad my hubby took me to the ER that night and the dr. looked at me right away and said "it looks like genital herpes!" My hubby and I were like WHAT?!?!?! We are each others first and only! lol
I told him I feel horrible, Im in pain, I even have a cold sore on my mouth thats killing me! He looked at it and said that if we had oral sex- even before it was visible, I could get herpes transfered from my mouth to my vagina by my husband!!!
We were shocked!
So now I am on herpe antibiotics and my vagina feels like its on FIRE! The swelling has gone down alot, it just painful!
So- If anyone has ever expirienced this- How long til this clears up? Will it come back again like regular STD herpes?
I am seeing my DR. tomorrow- I am just stuck to my room- bored.. lol with herpes! omg..

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Health

• Well, I AM sorry that I don't have any information for you, but I have to say that you answered one of mine. I had always wondered if it was possible to contract genital herpes from a cold sore on the mouth. I'm so sorry this had to happen to you for me to get the answer to my question, but thanks for letting me know. I'm sorry you are in pain and hope you are better soon! Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I haven't experienced this before but your Dr. will probably prescribe Aclyvoir and strongly suggest your husband use a condom until all test results come back. I wish you the best.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Some ppl will go on to have several breakouts and some will never experience another.... it all depends. Everyone is different. I had NO idea you could get it that way.... learn something new everyday. Good Luck! :)
    SimplySybil

Answer by SimplySybil at 8:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• me neither! I still feel a little in shock..
    So if my hubby transferred it to me, does that mean the next time we have sex I could have another outbreak?!
    I cant wait to go to the Docs to get some answers!

Thanks ladies!!
    -I guess you should start passing around this story to your friends.. or anyone you know that gets cold sores on their lips from time to time.. I never knew it was possible. never even thought about it! :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Cold sores a form of genital herpes. Genital herpes can not be cured. I hope you take precautions so no children drink after you, and you don't kiss them in an out break. That is devastating news.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 3:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011