Should I give a Refund?

So I sold a V-smile system complete with 2 games to a lady on Craigslist 2 weeks ago. I had the system for 6 months and there is nothing wrong with it. It works fine!! Well two weeks after she bought it she sent me a email saying the V-smile is messing up and she is bringing it to my house today and wants her money back. I know there is NOTHING wrong with the system. What should I do?

WishyClarkson

Asked by WishyClarkson at 10:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• If you sell alot on there..I would give the refund...Did you post that the sale was final??
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• not answer your door. you shouldn't have to give her money back... it obviously worked for two weeks.. if it was broke when you sold it to her... it wouldn't have worked for two weeks. Have you phone in your hands if she does come so you can call the police if she gets mouthy or demanding! how much did you sell it to her for btw??
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• What were the terms? Did you sell as is? Did you give a refund option? If you didn't state anything about a return or refund option, or if you told her sold as is, then I wouldn't. It worked fine for you for 6 months, she has had it for 2 weeks and it isn't working. I think she is either full of it, or her children broke it. I am not sure if Craigslist has requirements regarding a refund policy or anything though. Not really familiar with Craigslist.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I sold it for 25 dollars. I always used battaries with it, I never had the adapter, so she said she bought the adapter and the adapter is the thing thats messing up.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 10:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• krazyash, you want one? I have one of the original ones that my son never uses?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The only thing I stipulated was cash pick up. I usually never state as is or no refunds, because its generally understood that Craigslist is used items similar to if you bought something at a yard sale.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 10:29 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• So then she should return the adapter, there is nothing wrong with the system. I think that you should say that there is nothing you can do for her because she has had it for two weeks and the adapter was not purchased through you.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• mom1stepmom1 how old does the child start using them???

and i really wouldn't refund it i use craigslist often and i wouldn't refund for something likethat. Tell her to use batteries. thats how you used it and it worked fine for you. I think its pretty much a given on craigslist its an AS IS kinda deal. I mean if she would have goten it home and it wouldn't work then yeah you should have given money back but she used it!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• She keeps sending me nasty email saying she tried batteries and etc. The thing is I have no way of knowing if her kids broke it or dropped it or whatever, I don't feel that it is my fault
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 10:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Now I'm kinda scared because she knows where I live.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 10:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2008