How do You Deal With All the Charity Request?

It seems like the request to donate has gone way up. While at the super market while checking out was asked to donate and of course when leaving the market outside more request for money. How do you respond ? Feel bad but then ..... just too much. Three earthquakes so far and personal disaster here in the us.

sweet11-12

Asked by sweet11-12 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have specific causes/organizations that I support and make donations too. I can't afford to give to every cause/organization/relief fund that calls me or that I see asking for donations.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I pick one charity to give to and to the rest I just say no.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:22 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I experience a lot of requests like that too. Even the other day at the Burger King drive-thru! I was getting a $1 and they asked me if I would like to donate $1 to something.......anyways I usually tell them 'not today'. My husband (and I with him) do a lot of charity work through his company. We give a lot of money and a lot of time doing this, so I don't feel bad when I have to tell someone else that I can't today.

But by all means, if it's a group that means something to you....do give when you can.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Research a few and give to them I PERSONALLY know St. Jude's does ALOT for families with sick and dying kids so I like donating to them. Sometimes I do it sometimes I don't. If I have it I try if not... then another day for another cause.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I give to those I care about or feel worthwhile. Even if it's just a quarter.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i donate to every one that asks. It's a joy to be able to give, even if it's just one dollar.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I prefer to give to the actual person needing it, not the large charity groups. They have CEO's that make 500k a year, that is so wrong and the people that need it hardly get the help, to many hands that goes trough. For me woman's shelter escaping abuse trying to get out.
    sweet11-12

Comment by sweet11-12 (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I Have disaster fatigue and burn out. I'm sensitive and it wearing on me.
    sweet11-12

Comment by sweet11-12 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2011