Have you ever taken time off work, school to be a stay at home mom? If so for how long?

I will be gratuating this may with my BA degree and I will be having my second baby in August, I have a 2-year-old and I want to spend one year being a mommy before starting my career, anyone else do this??

Alicia10-2-08

Asked by Alicia10-2-08 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• I did this and loved every moment of it! With my first daughter I took the first year off. With my second I did not take the year off, but I worked only part-time as a trainer and group x instructor and it was just the right amount of time. If we were not needing two incomes now, then I would definitely down size, etc and do so. But, with husbands job not a for sure thing next year, I have to keep my job!
    f1tmama

Answer by f1tmama at 10:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I did it to stay home with our child, we now have 3. May I will be a SAHM for 6 years.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• After my 2nd child was born I decided to quit my job (I worked part-time). My hubs was working a ton of overtime and his overtime was more than my salary. We talked it over lt that since he was making so much extra money from overtime I could quit my job and be a SAHM. Unfortunately 2 months after I quit my job my hubs boss told everyone "no more overtime-- period" so then I had to start looking for a job and 6 months later I found one. Then 4 months after I started that job I got hired by a company that allowed me to work from home and I have been doing that ever since.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I was stay at home for 5 years. Now I'm not.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 11:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• One thing you might want to keep in mind is how bad the economy may still be when you're ready to go back to work. You might want to volunteer somewhere in your field to keep your skills sharp and to get a feel for the job market in your area.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Only 3 months for each child and it wasn't enough.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011