I feel so ugly

I dont know why. But, I had my daughter 2 weeks ago. I just feel soooooo ugly and it feels like everyone agrees.

Is there a reason? Or is it just how I feel?

MaliyahsMommy12

Asked by MaliyahsMommy12 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Post-partum blues can cause that. You just had a baby so your hormones are trying to get back to normal. I would have nights where I would just cry or feel bad about my body, but I will pass. I'm sure no one agrees. You are a beautiful new mommy <3
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Your hormones are still going crazy and will be for a while. That affects your moods. Try to remember what a beautiful little miracle your body has performed in the creation and birth of your baby girl, and be kind to yourself. You deserve it. Give that body a big hug and be thankful for what it has done for you. You are amazing.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I felt the samee wayyy after having my child. I don't know why but I expected myself to go back to what I was before and Now that my baby is almost a year I realize that isn't ever going to happen. I have to tell you though I am ALMOST back to what I was before can almost fit into my old clothes. So you will lose the weight you will start feeling better about the way you look and feel. I think once you are sleeping better.. and are able to have more you time. You will see yourself slowly getting back to you. I think when you have baby that it throws EVERYTHING off. Especially if this is your first. It is such an adjustment. Its not about you anymore and you feel like you have Lost Who you are. I felt this way. Try not to dwell. Even though its hard. Give yourself a break you are only2 weeks postpartum. <3
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 10:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I felt that way until I could get sleep and move around! I needed to exercise and then I started feeling better!
    f1tmama

Answer by f1tmama at 10:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I thought my body was going to bounce back within a few weeks ! and your body changed in 9 months its going to take 9 months to get back to that. You are a beautiful mother. I know its hard to see it through the exhaustion and late nights but its true.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 10:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Seriously, you just had a baby. Your body is in the inbetween and you're probably feeling sluggish and worn down. I'm sure you're exhausted and your hormones are going crazy. DO NOT let this feeling get the better of you, because right now the way you view yourself is skewed by hormones and again just having a baby.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• post partum, if it doesn't shake or seems onerous see your doctor. Extra TLC from your sweety will help. Just let him know what's got you down. Take it slow and enjoy your new one!
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 11:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• You are tired, been through alot, dealing with a new baby, maybe a little ppd....try to cheer up you are not ugly you will feel better soon if not, speak to your Dr. & try to think more positive. Don't be so hard on yourself ! Congratulations..... : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I am sure you are not ugly...post baby blues. I felt that way too. Can you do something nice for yourself...nails/feet done etc..might help
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• its probably just you but thats ok its normal after just having a baby and maybe you have a little post pardum depression id watch that
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2011