If you have ever dieted

what is the most amount of weight you have lost in a month?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think about 6 lbs. I don't lose weight very fast.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I don't judge by weight. I generally gain 2" in the fall and lose them in the spring.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 11:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• 24 lbs , doing Atkins
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You should not aim to lose more than 1-2 lbs a week. Anything more than that is unhealthy. In the first week or two, you may lose more, but that is primarily water weight.
    I've lost 60 lbs in the last year, and I think the fastest month was about 8 lbs.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:51 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think the most I lost in a month was 10 lbs, however I strongly agree with musicpisces----anything more than 1-2 lbs a week can be very dangerous and unhealthy for your body.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:34 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• 10 lbs
    SimplySybil

Answer by SimplySybil at 8:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• about 10 pounds, you might see a higher weight loss in the beginning or if your workouts are more intense...this past week was my first week doing Insanity with Shaun T (I can give you a link if you want it) and I lost 5 pounds
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree with some of the others. Healthy weight loss averages between 1 to 2 pounds a week. IN fact, I've seen some reports suggest it may be more like 1/2 to 2 pounds a week. More than that is not healthy or, in many cases, sustainable. The people most successful with reaching their goal weight and keeping it off long term are those sticking close to the 1-2 lbs a week. You may see a larger drop in the first week and occasionally as you 'respark' any plateau's, but you should be averaging 1 to 2 pounds.

I made a life change to healthier eating and activity in early December. I dropped 6 pounds the first week. To date, though, I've averaged about 1.8 pounds a week. . . sometime a little more, sometimes less.

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:13 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• 15.4 last month. But I had 5 weigh ins that month.
    And I'm not sold on that lose .5 to 2 pounds a week thing. I've heard tons and tons of experts say it. But where are the studies from it? To me it just sounds like something someone came up with and now everyone repeats it.

Keep in mind that we used to say to limit or eliminate all fats in the diet. And now they are saying we need fats.

For sure you've got to change your life style and for sure you don't want to crash diet. But if you eat a low calorie balanced diet (not less than 1200 calories a day) and you exercise and you lose more than 2 pounds a week- I just don't see what the problem would be with that.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:37 PM on May. 4, 2011