If you've sold a textbook on Textbooks.com, Abebooks.com, etc.

How does that work? I know that some give you quotes on how much you'll get for them, but I'm just wondering about things like shipping, getting your money, etc.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Technology

• I know you've asked questions about this before. Do you have any local universities? I was going to do Textbook.com, but they didn't want to give me anything for my books... so I took them to the local university at their buy back and sold them for a great rate. I would try that first.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Our college does buy them back, but it's a total rip off (like last semester, I got $20 back for a new book that I'd paid about $140 for, and it was supposed to be a 50% back book). I'm trying to figure out all my options for selling these things lol. I've already listed them in a local paper that's just for things that are for sale, but I'm trying to find as many back up options as possible just in case. I was quoted a nice amount on Textbooks.com and Bookbyte.com, but I'm waiting to see if I get any calls first.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2011