Mommy friends.

How should I handle Mothers who try to one up one another all the time.. ?? I recently joined a Mother Group with moms who are my baby's age. It really gets to me. I know it shouldn't but it does. Does anyone know someone who does this?? and if so How did you deal with it ? Also they sit and talk about different mothers who aren't there to defend themselves. I feel like ditching out on this group. If they are talking so freely about other mothers.. how do I know they aren't talking about me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• When school starts again in Sept, check out MOPS groups in your area. Really a great group of ladies.

I would just distance myself from them, that is NEVER fun.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I never had anyone try to one up me, but I have had people compare their child to mine. If you feel disconnected, back out and find another group.
    Yuriko_chan

Answer by Yuriko_chan at 11:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Ignore it when you can. Damn it with faint praise when you can't.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 12:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Regarding how fabulous MOPS groups are, I was kicked out of the MOPS group in our town for being an atheist. I was told that the other members felt I would be a "negative influence". I had never said a single negative thing about anyone else's belief system or done anything wrong, but I was asked to leave and not come back.

My point is, there are rotten apples everywhere.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2011