How far into your pregnancy did you continue working??

I am 25 weeks pregnant and am working 40 hour work weeks. My job is pretty demanding and I don't think I will be able to work up until my due date, as I orginally had planned. How far along into your pregnancy did you continue to work??

lyndsey1788

Asked by lyndsey1788 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I worked up to the day I had my baby. It all depends on what you can handle. If you don't think you can handle working. Don't over do yourself and listen to your body. It will tell you when you need to stop.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 10:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I stopped working a week after i found out i was pregnant so at 9 weeks, that was with my first ive been a sahm since then.. i worked around food and would spend 98% of my time in the bathroom because the sight of food made me so sick.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I worked until I was 23 weeks with my first. I told my hubby I didn't want to work anymore and we had already planned on me quitting after the baby anyway.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I stopped working a month before my due date. Only because I needed to buy stuff.

I was a cashier at a grocery store working 40 hours a week. I stood on my feet ALL day pulling stuff across the belt.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I worked at a daycare taking care of 6 little ones under age 2. It was lot's of lifting, high stress, lots of work! I loved my job! I worked up until about 2 weeks before I my little girl was due because I started having some back and hip problems bc of the loosening of joints while you are pregnant.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i worked until i went into labor! but i cut back on my hours when i was 5 months pregnant due to having my right ovary removed since i had a cyst on it!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I worked 30+ hours a week up until a couple of days before my due date (about a week before I gave birth) I was really glad that I stayed working that long. I stayed fit and felt great because I walk so much for work, retail sales. I just made sure to stay really hydrated and to wear good shoes.
    ChivosPet

Answer by ChivosPet at 11:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I worked until 38 weeks with my first, at which point I went to the hospital late at night for a false alarm and decided I was done. That was 40 hours/week, on my feet, walking around, what have you.

My second pregnancy was a little harder on me, but my job was less demanding, physically. I planned to stop at 38 weeks like the first time. Then decided I didn't really need to and would work another week, but only half days. Then decided I could work until 40 weeks. I left on Friday afternoon with no intention of coming back for 6+ weeks, and baby was born that Sunday.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• with all 3 of mine I worked right up till the day before they were born.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I had planned on working until a week before I was due. I was a hair stylist and was always on my feet. I was always so sick and in so much pain that early on my hours were cut to 30 a week, at the most. Then about four weeks before my due date I was cutting a clients hair and started having contractions. I called my doctor and he said "Leave now. Today is your last day of work."
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 11:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2011