Stupid to vent about but...

I'm going to anyway!

My husband works hard at his job. He never bitches about work or brings his miserable day home. He's also never been one to go above and beyond his job requires. Until recently when he got a new position. He is required to work 3 hours of O/T a week and he's stopped taking hour lunches, and takes 30 minute lunches which given him 2.5 hours of O/T. But lately, within the lst 2 weeks he's started going into work an hour early everyday, and staying later 2 days a week. That gives him 9.5 hours of O/T when he is only required to work 3.
I know I should stop complaining and be greatful to have a husband that works, but it annoys and kind of worries me that all of a sudden hes got such an amazing work ethic.

I'm done now...thanks.

daina82

Asked by daina82 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• uh oh... i dont wanna freak ya out but it may not be the job
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i get what you are saying. hmmm i might be a bad person for advice seeing as the guys i seem to chose arent alllllll the best =) buuut smells a little fishy if you catch my drfft.
    LovinMyJay4

Answer by LovinMyJay4 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• proof is in the pay check if hes cheating the hours wont add up.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 10:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• whitenena- very true!!
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• ask him what the hell is going on! He's got a new job and even though he is REQUIRED to work 3 hours, he might - might - need longer than that to accurately complete his job. Now, having said that - you know him, you're his wife - if your gut is telling you - uh-uh, then you better get to asking and if anything other than work is going on, putting a stop to the madness. GL
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 10:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• oww sneaky .. =)
    LovinMyJay4

Answer by LovinMyJay4 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Just because that's all he's required to work, doesn't mean it's limited to that. If you're worried ask him about it in non-interrogating way.
    Yuriko_chan

Answer by Yuriko_chan at 10:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Well talk to him about it and just tell him how u feel. its tough having ur DH at work all the time.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• What does he say about it? Is it a new project? More responsibilities? Is he trying to get settled in? There could be a multitude of reasons. None of which may include other interests.
    swizzleday

Answer by swizzleday at 11:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• id talk to him...it does sound fishy, but first thing id do is look at his paycheck to see if it adds up...dont automatically flip out accusing him of cheating... if it adds up just let him know that u appreciate that hes working hard for his family but you really kinda feel like you dont get enough time with him
    KayleesMommy89

Answer by KayleesMommy89 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2011