American Girl bitty babies

My daughter is 3.5 and I'm wanting to get her one for Christmas. If you have one what can you tell me about them? Is she too young, too old?

I'm wanting to buy the bitty baby starter kit. TIA!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter got hers when she turned 3 and loves it she plays with it pretty much everyday she will be 4 in Jan. I wish they had the same starter kit last year as this year I am now thinking of getting the starter kit again so I can get the backpack. Lizzy now wants a American Girl doll but I think she is way to young for that. I highly recomend getting one if you can afford it. The habit gets expensive LOL.
    CREKELLY

Answer by CREKELLY at 11:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i loved my samantha doll! i was older but samantha was one of the large dolls... they ahve replacement body parts if you need to send themback to get fixed they do that too! tehy are very high quality toys!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• We got our daughter, at 4, an American Girl Just Like Me doll (where you pick skin tone, eye color, hair color), and she LOVES this doll. Sara-doll is what she was named. My daughter goes through the American Girl doll magazine that comes and picks the clothes she wants (she always picks the ones that have the matching outfit for the doll) and wants some of the things the other dolls have, like Felicity's horse, Kit's scooter, and Samantha's tea set.
    I don't know anything about the Bitty Babies. My daughter wasn't even remotely interested in them, when I asked her. She picked the older doll.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 2:05 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Thanks so much ladies! Unfortunately, the light skin, blue eyed baby is on backorder until the 18th.

This sucks, so unless I can get it by the 22nd, she may have to wait until her birthday in June. Thanks again for your replies!!
    Anonymous

• Best thing for a girl. She is NOT to young. My 11 yo still plays and collects American Girl Dolls.

Such cute and great quality stuff!!!
    RachelsMuma7

Answer by RachelsMuma7 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2008