Who does the disciplining in your family?

I am always the "bad guy", but when I try to be the good guy everything goes to hell. Sometimes I want to be the one that gives in. Any advice?

RedDahlia82

Asked by RedDahlia82 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• We both discipline. My husband is a little more strict but all in all we're about the same.
    Yuriko_chan

Answer by Yuriko_chan at 11:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• we both discipiline
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Both of us.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• That is part of motherhood, but not all days have to be bad. I have always been the disciplinarian, my hubby just could not do it. It's not easy but the kids will Respect you.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• me,myself and I - it's just me - three against - One.. The best advice stick to what you orgially said and don't back down. We've walked out of stores with nothing and pulled over on the side of raod many times. Taken bedroom doors off the hindges, for slaming it. Even took a a bed apart and she just had the mattrss on the floor.
    Not that they don't continue to try to take an inch, but they've learned how to far to push and when to stop.
    It is about RESPECT and I hate to hear a mom say "wait, until your dad gets home" You should be able to co-parent and not put it all off on one parents being he bad guy...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• we will always look like the bad guys but what u need to do is stand your ground and what u say goes eventually they will get over it whats more important your child mad cuase told them what to do or a child out of control
    luv69

Answer by luv69 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I do, as we have daughters. , I am known as Dragon Mom . Best not to give in. If there are rules, you must be consistent with children so they learn that bad behaviour has consequences - every time . My husband is supportive of me but he does like to be the good guy !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• we are a parental united front! We never undermine oneanother, and we work together in all situations~!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm the primary disciplinarian. It's just what works best for our family.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:04 PM on May. 29, 2011

• Mostly I do because I think my husband is a little too strict but I have used the classic "just wait until your dad gets home" line on occasion when I've needed to LOL
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:06 PM on May. 29, 2011