Please help me "get" Twitter...

Twitter users, please help me. I just don't get it. How can I use Twitter to help me grow my online retail business? I have one account for the business. It is linked to the Facebook page for the business, so all of my Facebook posts show up on Twitter. I usually announce new products and post links to interesting news stories, but I don't know what else to say. I also have a Twitter account for me. I am usually at a loss for words. What should I talk about on my two accounts?

RobotLady

Asked by RobotLady at 11:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Technology

• On Twitter, you can post something with a link back to your website, product etc. When you post use the # sign before the page you want people to be able to trace back to you. So, if I want to post about Cafemom, I would say, "We're having fun over at #Cafemom". That way, it will show up under Cafemom, if someone wants to trace what is being said about Cafemom.

Does that make sense?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Yes, it makes sense, but what will make people search on the item I put behind the # sign? I'm afraid there aren't enough people interested in what is on my web site. Is Twitter a waste of time for me?
    RobotLady

Comment by RobotLady (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2011