It's really hard to talk about the nice things you have on here!

I love talking about all the places I travel and all the new stuff I buy because i do travel and shop a lot. However, if I post something about this then people get all upset and say I'm bragging or "must be nice" or I'm a snob! I hate it. I used to have a blog where I could post pictures of everything but I had to shut that down for my safety reasons...anyways does anyone else feel like this? It's rather annoying!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't have the money to travel or shop, but I don't resent those that do. I would rather hear about all the good things happening to people than hearing nothing but bad things.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 11:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• misery loves company, keep on posting, someone is enjoying it! I would love to travel but cant, so pics would be cool to look at! Live it through pics, go by imagination! Dont let them keep you down!!!
    DLCarter2011

Answer by DLCarter2011 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Sometimes. It doesn't sound like we're as well off as you are but we live comfortably and sometimes I feel guilty when I say certain things when it pertains to the way we live or what we have or something.

I must admit sometimes I jokingly say, "Must be nice," in regards to something said but it's not said bitterly. Just more like a "sounds like fun, wish I could do it" kind of way and I add another comment so the poster knows I don't mean anything mean by it.
    Anonymous

• I'm with Firepony. It's much more fun to share in someone's pleasure than complain about their choices. That, and you know, next time.... Take me with you!!!!
    swizzleday

Answer by swizzleday at 11:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Yea i noticed that but pls tell us about your trips....me anyway...i dont travel much(not yet anyway) but would love to hear about your travels :-)
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• You should have a blog and post there so the people like myself who are interested or would love to look at those things will be able to but then all the people who throw a fit about the things you do or have wont have to see it to b*tch! =D
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Well you see the problem with a blog, I used to have one and people began stealing pictures and using them as their own so no more posting pics for me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• You could put watermarks on the blog pictures. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• What does that do?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Watermarking puts something on your picture (like maybe your website name) so others know where it came from, and therefore know they stole it from somewhere else if someone else uses it.

I was looking for a watermarked example for you and kind of found a quick blog about it (in relation to photos being taken) :

http://blog.hhcolorlab.com/photographic-industry-trends/shoot-it-share-it-lose-it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2011