Effective Acne treatments

prdVirgobby

Asked by prdVirgobby at 12:15 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I agree w/MyMyOhMy in that treating it from the inside is the way to go (and not with antibiotics as most dermatologists will suggest).

Avoiding dairy can help tremendously. A good probiotic and vitamins are a must.

Avoid products containing petrochemicals, parabens, SLS, phthalates, etc. Even products made for acne contain these ingredients and it will only serve to exacerbate the condition.

The less you do re: your skin regimen, the better. The more drying products you use, the oilier your skin will become because it will overcompensate. Believe it or not, you can use oil (like argan oil) to cleanse without causing breakouts. You can also try witch hazel.

Acne is very often a sign of zinc deficiency BUT do not supplement without lab testing because you need to maintain a proper zinc/copper ratio for optimal health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I am 36 and have always had acne. I used Proactiv and it was ok but what I use now is Acnefree that u can buy at Walmart. My face looks good now.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Vitamin B5 can help. Quite a bit with some people.
    Get 1000mg time release. Try 3-6 the first week and then reduce down until you are at 1ish a day for maint.
    It works from the inside and is much cheaper than most other things you can get.
    http://www.puritan.com/b-5-vitamins-pantothenic-369/pantothenic-acid-500-mg-time-release-006060?NewPage=1
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 1:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Acnefree , good to know
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yeah. Get their set AND the sulfer mask. Use the mask every other day or so until u get it under control. They have a lot of different things. Make sure u get the Acnefree brand. It runs about $20 for the set.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:31 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Don't forget moisturizer! Lack of this can also lead to break outs believe it or not. I found neutrogena oil free moisture for combo skin works great!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2011