Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What should i do about my oldest daughters grandma????? adult content

So since im a teen mom there are some things i needed help with and so i turned to my family and ex-in-laws for help but now its all backfiring. So when i knew i financially couldnt get my daughters their necessities i turned to my ex-mother-in-law and my mother for help and they agreed to take my girls for a while until i could financially support them and we had agreed that I would be able to see them whenever and for however long i wanted but a few months ago my so called "best friend" and her grandparents started telling my oldest daughters grandma that i would yell and shake my kids but i never did of course because im not that stupid but anyways now my oldest daughters grandma dont want me to take my baby when im alone and when she found out that my daughter was with me alone she doesnt want to let me keep her overnight even though im now living with my mother. Please let me know what i should do. Should i just keep my daughter even though her grandma still has temporary custody or should i just keep visiting with her????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • Follow your court order, if you don't, you could lose custody of your daughter entirely.

    Good Luck!

    Answer by ohwrite at 12:59 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • if she had temp custody, I don't know what your rights are at this point. Why does she have custody? BUT yes, keep up with you visiting, no matter what - don't let her get that against you, that you quit visiting.

    Answer by SassySue123 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • Contact a lawyer. If you can afford one there are agencies that can help you get one. If she doesn't have court custody get your baby and don't let her be involved further.

    Answer by MyMyOhMy at 1:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • If there's no legal paperwork in place these women have no right keeping your child/children away from you. You made need to get the police involved. If this is going against a court order you may have you need to get in touch with a lawyer.

    Answer by Sparklecoon at 1:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

  • I gave her temporary custody so that way she could take her to the doctor and sign any paperwork needed.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.