Hormone Imbalance ~Anyone else dealt with this?

I asked in TTC but also want help from those who are now pregnant too!

When I got pregnant with my son 14 yrs ago, I didn't show a + on urine test till about 10 to 12 weeks pregnant. I was told that it was because my body does not produce the hormone progesterone, until I'm about that far along in the pregnancy.

Now I think I'm pregnant again and am in the same boat I was then. I have all the symptoms of pregnancy (even mood swings & craving foods I really don't like) but no way to confirm and no one I can talk to about it.

Is anyone else dealing with this or is it just me?

okpixi

Asked by okpixi at 1:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my progesterone was only 3.9 at 4 wks which is extremely low! i still got a pos test bc it tests for hcg. i have heard some women don't secrete the hcg into their urine until their body recognizes an overage of the hormone but it's rare. ask your dr for a blood test and have them check your progesterone. as far as i know a pregnancy cannot progress without progesterone, it should be at 15ish if pregnant or higher. they thought i was for sure going to m/c bc my levels were so low, i got on prometrium to help bring it up. progesterone in pregnancy is secreted in large quantities by the corpus luteum which is the sac that holds the egg that was released. i hope i helped a little!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes, what she said ;)
    See your ob gyn
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 2:02 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I was almost 6 weeks pregnant and I got an exxxxttreeammly light positive, when I went to the doctor they did an ultrasound and my HCG count didnt match with the size of the fetus. Long story short, they said the baby would miscarry and he didn't.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 2:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i went through the same thing!!!When in doubt call a doc
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 2:35 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• THANK YOU ALL! It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this! I wish we'd had something like this when I was pregnant before! (14 years ago!)
    okpixi

Comment by okpixi (original poster) at 4:36 AM on Apr. 25, 2011