wheren can I get support online with moms with troubled teens?

I have a 15 yr old son who is a marijuana addict and refuses to get help. How do I cope?

julyns

Asked by julyns at 10:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• i was like that. i actually started smoking around 15 and i quit 2 years ago when i was 18... i smoked cause it was available and all my friends were doing it. a guy i started dating from work didnt like smoking, so i started hiding it and i slowed down on smoking... i quit when i realized that if i had to hide something for any reason it was probably not a good thing i was doing. i dont think this is helpful but if you have any questions for me that might help you understand you can ask...

and yes i was an "addict", i smoked EVERY DAY for at least 2 years and actually ended up drinking a lot and doing pills... but im clean and sober now! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I'm afraid you're going to have to do the parent thing that isn't easy. If he won't voluntarily get help, you're going to have to put him somewhere where he doesn't have a choice. It's not easy and he'll say he hates you but after he's clean things should go back to a better normal. Good luck.
    Cindy988

Answer by Cindy988 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008