New mom, stressed, frustrated, sad all of the time and i feel alone.. someone listen?

I just had my beautiful baby boy 3 and a half weeks ago and i am not doing so great. The labor was a nightmare and i HATE my job, i have to go back on may 3rd which is one week and one day away.. i dont know what to do.. i feel soo down.. the only thing keeping me up is this baby. I want soo bad to just quit my job because the company i work for has been treating its employees like crap.. i had to have an emergency csection and doctors recommend 8 weeks at LEAST off for that.. on top of my csection my baby was in the nicu for 3 days and my uterus hemmoraged and clotted causing me to go in for yet ANOTHER surgery. I dont qualify for fmla because i havnt been permanent at this job for a year.. however i have been there for a year, only as a temp untill november. So he agreed to hold my job for 4 weeks unpaid, and letting me use my time i had saved up for a 5th week. So when i ended up with a csection i asked him for a few more weeks unpaid and he said if i cant make it back by the day we discussed then my employment with this company would be terminated. Someone help me. I am far from ready to go back.. physically and emotionally. I had to move my 6 week appointment up 2 weeks in order to get a doctor to approve my going back to work, i dont even know if they will let me. I need my job obviously for the money, i need advice, and someone to listen i just cry soo much anymore dreading going back to that place where i have to STAND 10 hours a day in one spot(assembly job). I'm already exhausted just being at home doing house stuff. I'm praying for a miracle.

mybabiestears

Asked by mybabiestears at 1:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• hugsmy gosh i'm sorry mamma that's sad i would have your doctor write you a note saying you need more time and he has to give it to you legally GL! i'm here for you if you wanna talk

mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. I wish I knew what to say. Do you have any kind of support system at all? Can you get on welfare to help cover you until you find a new job? I'm sorry you're going through this. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Congratulations on your little one. You definitely have gone through a lot. Being a new Mom is stressful enough. I honestly think you need more time. You still have a lot going on as well, both physically and emotionally. Is there anyone you can talk to? You just may have to receive public assistance if you need it. You have to do what you have to do.

hugging

Best Wishes!

http://www.erikacarrillo.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:59 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• (((HUGS)))
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:45 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm so sorry :(
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I am SO sorry to hear that you are struggling so much!!!! If you need someone to listen, I am here!! You probably should look into some assistance until you are on your feet.
    I totally inderstand where you are coming from. Sounds like you have got to get more time off. Have you considered your own business? It would allow you to work when you can work and be home with your baby.
    If you are interested or even if you just want to talk, email me at kbressan@msn.com
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Try to tough it out with the job until you can locate a new one. Get plenty of rest, eat right and exercise - should help your mood. Take the baby out in the stroller - it helps just getting out and about. Good luck new mommy.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'd call my lawyer and the laor department, you have rights especially if you went out on a planned and approved leave.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Thank you soo much all of you! Although im still 'stuck' i appreciate everyones responses, just knowing you guys took the time to read all that jabber. I need to just pull the perfect answer out of my butt! Ahh! Im from Pennsylvania, and live in Colorado, just got out here a year ago! All of my family is still there so pretty much i am alone. I have my fiance but its not easy to talk to him.
    mybabiestears

Comment by mybabiestears (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Apr. 27, 2011