my 15 month old is on iron and i think it is staining his teeth. has anyone else heards of this and if so, what can i do

we brush his teeth everyday and he is still getting this grey stain on his teeth, and the iron stainds my fingers and the counter that color, so i think thats what it is. what do i do..

juggalosteph

Asked by juggalosteph at 10:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Kids' Health

• OMG yes! i was on iron as a child and it ruined my teeth! give it only through syringe, and in very small amounts so that it never touches his teeth. take him to a dentist and have his teeth coated with a special varnish. (tell the dentist about the iron and he will know what to use) Do this asap or he will have dental problems his whole life! It not only stains the teeth, it eats the enamel off. Please please please take him to a good dentist!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 3:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think you need to go to the ped and see about having the dosage changed. I believe the staining is from getting too much iron and that it will affect his adult teeth as well.
    Anonymous