For breastfeeding mama's

Every single time my son is having some sort of fit, he uses me as a personal pacifier. I am trying to wean him, but Im going off his ques, as I don't want to just make him stop cold turkey. I don't know what I should do, I hate the drive by nurseings, I hate the nurseing gymnastics, I just really don't like breastfeeding a toddler boy (22mos) but mostly I hate that everytime he doesn't get his way, and throws some sort of temper tantrom he demands HIS milkeys "miiinnneee mmamaa, miiinne milkeysss" doesnt matter where we are, be it walmart, or the bank. Just on sat he threw a fit from hell, ripped at my shirt and bra in walmart as we were shopping. I probably flashed 4 famlies. any suggestions?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LMAO!!! I've soooo been there. My son had a FIT when I was ready to pay at Target. I had no other solution but to pop out the boob (with a cover) as I was paying. UGH!! Towards the last month of weaning him off I hated nursing. I was more a pacifier for when he was sleepy and cranky. I started having SO put him to bed and although it was hard to hear him cry, after 2wks he stopped asking for it. If he did, he would correct himself and say, milky no. BTW: we weaned at 31mos.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I hate saying that I hate breastfeeding him, because as bad as this sounds, I love it when he is sick and cuddly or tired and cuddly- but during the day time and when were out and about I just hhhattee it. I miss my wittle nurser, and now he is just this almost 30 lb toddler and a wild child!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Nothing wrong with nursing a toddler, but, you might want to teach him nursing etiquette. He can learn to wait a bit, to not pitch a fit and to NOT grab at your shirt.

Honestly though, I won't be weaning my child...I practice self weaning. After 2, I would start the don't offer, don't refuse. They will naturally wean themselves. Most kids will wean between 2 and 4. Hardly any kid nurses past that. But, teaching the no fit, not grab and wait until it is convenient is necessary. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• WOW
    momtaz122

Answer by momtaz122 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 25, 2011