Has any one had a broken femur and then gotten pregnant after?

I broke my femur in 09 and had to have a rod and nails put in from my hip to my knee.. it stopped really hurting a yr ago and just hurt when it was cold out and when i walked way to much. I am now 16wks pregnant and have gained about 10lbs and my hip and knew are killing me it feel like the rod os coming out through my hip like it did when I first had the surgery. I was wondering if anyone else has had this surgery and had a pregnancy afterwards and what it was like.... I am so scared that it will be so painful once I get farther along and when labor comes around!

hdsutton23

Asked by hdsutton23 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• im very sorry i've never experienced it....sending prayers your way
    prdVirgobby

Answer by prdVirgobby at 2:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Sorry, I don't know about the broken leg, but I can tell that at that stage of pregnancy my hips hurt too.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I haven't had that experience myself, but I can tell you that you're at the stage in pregnancy where hips have a tendency to ache even without a prior injury. I would talk to the doctor about your concerns. Chances are they've had other patients in your situation and could help you determine what to expect & perhaps suggest specific exercises that might help reduce future issues. Good luck!
    Abilyn

Answer by Abilyn at 12:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2011