Just saw breast milk after taking a shower....stopped breast feeding over a year ago?!? adult content

My son is 14 months, I only pumped for about 2 months because he was in the Natal NICU after he was born. Plus he didn't latch on with out a nipple shield. How the hell did I just get milk out like super easy?!?!?! I took a shower and saw milk coming to the surface of my nipple and squeezed and it just came out. I jumped kind of like totally shocked. I didn't think you could have that happen!! I would think after a year if I was still getting milk I would have noticed?? I know everything about myself lol. Anyone ever experience this?

CamdenandMommy

Asked by CamdenandMommy at 1:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there are medications that increse lactation, or cause lactation as a side effect. One of which is called donparadon- (sp) I had a friend who never breastfed and 3 years later is still lactating, its extreamly small ammout, she might get a good squirt, and than it will take a day or so to get another good squirt. The doctors wouldnt or couldnt perscribe her anything for it, she also said that unless she used her hand to "pump" her breasts she wouldnt get any let down. But I supoose its got to come out sometime by itself?! I don't know mama, I'd perhaps talk to ur doc.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:54 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I Agree i would go talk to you doc. but it should go away. every once in awhile i will during a shower or even sex i stopped perducing at 8 months and he is 20 months now
    TJ89

Answer by TJ89 at 3:09 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yup, even after 4 years, if I tried, I'm sure I could still get some milk to come out. I'd say its natural because that's what breasts are meant to do.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:43 AM on Apr. 25, 2011