What do you do if you feel so unhappy?

I feel I just want myself back. I'm married with four kids and really miss myself. Where am I and how do I get myself back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• *hugs* It can be really hard, especially if you're a SAHM. Your life becomes your kids and you're with them all the time; it can be quite suffocating. I go outside and just breathe the fresh air, soak in the world around me. Relax in the hammock, if only for a minute. Meditation can be wonderful for rejuvenating your soul. I definitely know what you're talking about.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It's hard isn't it? I remember when my kids were little I always put myself on the back burner and did for the kids and husband, but never for me. By the time I had gotten everyone taken care of, I was just too tired. When I got older I realized that the moms I admired most...who seemed to have it together the best and took the best care of their families, always made time for themselves.
    No matter what it takes, make time to find out who you are. YOU MAKE THE TIME FOR YOU..you deserve it.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I take (not ask) some me time. I go to the library, thrift store, or go hang out with friends. Now my dd will be going to school this september. :( I am about to go through another change. It is sad sort of! but anyway... take time for yourself. It will be good for you.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 5:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Be clear about what you want and then make changes one small step at a time. Commit to making this a priority and you'll find yourself in no time at all. Good luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Make a plan even if its fifteen minutes a day and do something you want that was how it started for me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2011