Why would my 2 year old girl smell like pickles!

Let me start by saying that my little girl is very clean and loves to brush her teeth and is kind of obsessed with hand washing. That being said:
I have noticed this odd pickle smell about a month and a half ago. It is on her breath her skin and in her urine, I am starting to get really concerned. I know that a sweet smell on the breath is linked to diabeties, an almond smell is linked to syonide, and a celery smell to this other weird thing in the bladder. But knowing those things makes me really wonder about this.
I am taking her in tomorrow to talk to the Dr. But would like to hear from you gals also.

sissy15

Asked by sissy15 at 3:33 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sounds peculiar. I don't suppose she eats a lot of pickles? Or other vinegary foods? My little boy LOVES pickles so if he smelled of them, I wouldn't even be surprised. But if you've eliminated diet, which you probably have, as it sounds like you are a very sensible knowledgable mommy, I don't think I can help you. Sorry. Kind of curious, though, if you find out what it is??
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 6:09 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have this question asked before! I don't know what the answers were. But check the old answers.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/798964/My_3_year_olds_urine_smells_like_pickle_juice
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:28 AM on Apr. 25, 2011