MIL what would you do in this situation

So my MIL is taking pictures with my DD and goes to adjust how she is sitting DD pitches forward and my MIL's nail pokes her in the eye cutting her right under the eye (I realize this isn't MIL's fault) so our little one is crying her eyes out and DH and I pick her up and try to calm her down.......all MIL does is ask when she'll be ready for more pictures WTH i was so angry she wasn't even concerned with the scrape she left and was pissy when we stopped her little photo session and decided to let DD calm down more am i the only one who would be angry or am i over reacting

i'm not being tough on her just because she is my MIL if anyone was more concerned with taking pictures then the fact that my daughter had just been hurt i'd react the same way this just happened to be my MIL who had done it i would react the same way if my own mother had accidentally scratched her then was more worried about getting more pictures then the fact that her grand daughter was hurt and crying

krissii

Asked by krissii at 4:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ppl r so tough on their mils. Its.sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would be angry too. Now if she felt bad and just wanted to sooth her i wouldn't be mad but to turn around and say
    "when can we take more pics" as my childs crying, i would have flipped a switch and told every little thing i was thinking. sorry to hear this tho. hope her boo boo feels better.
    treyvansmommy

Answer by treyvansmommy at 4:36 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Would she really want pictures when the little girl's face was cut and she was all upset, red and teary. Sounds like she's a bit of a nutcase to me.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 6:01 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree, ppl can be hard on their in-laws but this sh@% was un called for! At least let the child regain calmness and freakin try to act concerned. I would be pissed off too. My child's feeling are way more important than any photo session bit@% . Although I would have kept the peace, I would be reeling inside and she would feel my tension for sure. I might have even stepped on her toes or tripped her on her way out the door or maybe even spilled some drink on her, all be accident of course...lol  I understand accidents but to be careless afterwards....umm sorry...no!

darter

Answer by darter at 6:36 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I can understand how irritated you must feel everybody hates MIL's interfering and especially in your case when she wasn't bothered about your daughter. so no i dont think you're over reacting
    itsmummy

Answer by itsmummy at 6:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• How is your daughter today? I would get her eye checked out.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 6:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• She was handling the situation inappropriately. I do not know why, but I hope she was feeling bad and did not know how to hanle it. She might have thought that it would disappear if it were ignored. Sorry this happened.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Wow- I would have been pissed too! It would have been one thing if she had been the least bit concerned about your DD, but to only care about taking pictures... this is why MILs get such bad names!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:32 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would have been upset as well. I hope DD's eye is ok.
    blessdmommy

Answer by blessdmommy at 8:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would have been really upset as well and no more photos that day at all. What a jerk for not showing concern for her own granddaughter. I don't think people are too tough on MILs at all, I think a lot of psychos had little boys and now they are all grown up and we have had the bad luck to marry them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:37 AM on Apr. 25, 2011