Where is the best place to go?

I am only 17 so when u answer this remember that. does anyone know any stores that would hire me part time? I've tried McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, and a place in my town called coastal pet. I didn't get a call back for any. I am on WIC and they give me just enough to where i run out by the 20th of the month. {still have 10-11 days to feed him} and right now hes at 6 oz so hes still not eating ALOT yet. My mom cant afford to get it at the end because she doesn't have a high paying job nor many hours. plus its not her kid to take care of i just need a job that can cover his formula. i can get clothes from friends but im running low on diapers, formula and wipes. a part time job would take away the worries of not knowing how i'm going to manage. any ideas?

treyvansmommy

Asked by treyvansmommy at 4:32 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• you should have breastfeed your baby. did you ask for food stamps ? do you get free meals, food banks, food from church......etc, there is plenty of places to get food. keep looking you will find something. good luck !
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 4:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• thanks and i technically dont receive food stamps but my mom does since we live in her house but she spends it all on regular food and i need formula. FYI she does receive foodstamps for my son too. and as for breast feeding I take anti-depressant medications for depression and anxiouty nso i cant take my meds and breast feed because it could harm him so i chose to feed him with a bottle.
    treyvansmommy

Comment by treyvansmommy (original poster) at 5:04 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• That was a bad answer KOKO. She wasn't asking if she should bf or ff!!!!!! Dumb answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Have you tried places in the mall? Grocery stores? WalMart & Target? Better really start applying since places will be hiring for the summer and will be getting a lot more apps to compete against.

Good Luck!
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 6:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You may also gets samples of formula from the peditrition's office or tell WIC it's just not enough. I doubt such professionals will let your baby go hungry when their jobs depends on his health. Also, tell your mom that she can buy formula with food stamps. Tell her to spend the extra $20 for a can of formula and you adults eat less that month. Nothing is more important than getting that baby well fed.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Sorry, I don't know where you can find a job. When I was 17, I worked at Wendy's. Nowadays it's hard for even 30 year old college grads to get a job even there. As a 17 year old mom, I suggest babysitting part time, school the rest of the time, to earn money for the things you need to take care of your baby. Hang in there.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I suggest you go to college and get a degree, so you can give your baby the life he deserves. Usually when you apply for finacial aid they give you extra money cause you have a kid, just use that to feed you baby and to travel back and forth to school everyday. Better to get a degree at a young age. What about child support, is the baby's father paying to support your son?
    thismotherof2

Answer by thismotherof2 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• None of these answers help you in any way. I hope you find work soon so the baby can be fed and diapered I know it takes alot of money to feed them among everything else. I wish I could give you better advice than just go find a job because right now in this economy it's just not simply done. Maybe you can sell some of your stuff you don't need or that your baby has outgrown. If the weather is nice have a yardsale people eat up baby yardsales. Maybe cut your cell phone or internet service so you can use that money towards the baby until you do find a job. GL
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• grocery store...do you have publix by you? they hire for baggers etc...
    The other idea is to contact me and I could share an idea with you!! kbressan@msn.com
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• im sorry, i didnt mean to be rude or anything, i just know that usually, if you know you dont have a lot of money, you choose to BF, i dont know why people vote my answer down.
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 1:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2011