Could this mean my labor is finally progressing?

ive been in "early labor" for over 30 hrs now. regular contractions 5 mins apart. went to the hospital quite awhile ago, was only dilated to a 2, and was 70% effaced. after 30mins of monitoring and no change they sent me home unsure if id even progress anymore since the intensity wasnt that bad. now my contractions feel more like i really really need to have a bm, which i already have and still keep feeling like this. been sitting on the toilet for awhile now and nothing other than maybe a bit of gas. im not constipated i regularly go everyday. (im sorry tmi!) is this maybe labor getting a little further now? or maybe my stomachs just upset? i havent felt like this before and this is my first baby! help!!

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 5:45 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you are getting closer.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:51 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The BM feeling is the baby. I would call the doctor and tell them that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The BM feeling is a very VERY encouraging sign. I agree call your ob and let them know what has changed. Keep walking around, relaxing and staying hydrated.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• maybe I am being drastic but i would go back to ldr. when I felt pressure like that it was push time. GL
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 25, 2011