Is having 4 kids crazy?

I would like to have another baby. Why does everyone say I would be crazy if I have another? This is all unsolicited. They will say "Wow, you have 3 kids. I hope you aren't having anymore!" or other things along that line. This is strangers saying this. we can well afford more kids, and my kids are well behaved (usually). Why would I be crazy? I love kids.

mamatomy3boys

Asked by mamatomy3boys at 11:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• Of course you wouldn't be crazy! I've currently got 6 kids that I gave birth to, 7&8 on the way, and i'm adopting my two nieces. In my view you wouldn't be crazy at all! Go ahead and do it honey! :) yay for lots of children.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 11:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• You're not crazy! However in today's world I think more than 1-2 kids is considered strange, lol. I am the oldest of 6 kids, and hope to have 12 of my own, yes, I hear that I am crazy ALL of the time!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• not at all... i want to have five!! =) it's no one elses business really
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• They are most likely envious...Why else would a perfect strange saying anything like that to you let alone a family member? You are living your life for you not for them, Period! It is your life and if you know you can handle having more then God Bless you is what I would say. Having a big family is beautiful IMO...

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I have 6 with one on the way so no I don't think you are crazy children are a blessing
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 11:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• hahaha you know I have 5 kids and I want one more. But it does get irritating when people say wow your have your hands full or your busy. Im like DUH I know. Im totally busy with two almost teens and a kindergartener and two toddlers. But no you are not crazy for want one more.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 11:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• It's personal choice; to hell with what anyone thinks. You do what's best for you. I personally knew I only wanted two; I never understood the need for a large family but that's me. It's ultimately your decision so you decide what to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I have 4. After #2 it's a breeze. Cause that's the biggest change for a mom I think. But yea I am insane..LOL..But I love it. I would love to have another but my youngest is 3. And then when I think about starting all over and the diapers and baby stuff...Egh. I stay with my 4..

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Well, I have 4 and it's not really any harder than having 3.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• No you're not crazy. If you want more kids and can afford it and just be the parent you are already it's really no one else business.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Dec. 3, 2008