Royal Wedding?

In your own opinion....Do you think Prince William is marrying Kate because he really, really, really, loves her. Or this is going to end like what his Father Charles did...ending up marrying the love of his life Camilla after his failed marriage with Princess Diane????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't really know. I think he does love her, and has had 7 or 8 years to figure it out. She has been a support for him for a long time, and shown him that if he dumps her, she is also capable of supporting herself, and moving on with life.

I don't really care, but sure, I follow it. I wish them the best. I don't wish anyone the mess that was his parents' marriage.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 10:05 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• In my opinion...I don't really care. It's a shame this takes so much attention away from a lot of rotten things going on in our own government. It's a bigger deal here than it is in the UK.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:24 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i've been saying that for weeks, NP, years even! what IS this supposed obession 'we' have with the RF? i couldn't care less what or who they do or how they do it. never have, but the media (and a lot of real people around us) seems to think we need..scratch that..WANT TO KNOW every boring detail of the British family.
    even in the best of times....yaaaaawwnnn!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:31 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I really, really don't care
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I don't follow the story. I honestly got tired of them a long time ago. I get that it is a part of history or whatever but I just don't care.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:51 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• How should we know? SN: She looks really old for her young age. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• what IS this supposed obession 'we' have with the RF?

***

America's fascination with the Royal Family stems from what was dubbed our version of the Royal Family that started with marriage of JFK and Jacqueline Bouvier--"Camelot." JFK's assassination left American's seeking to replace that era, so they turned their interest to Charles and Diana's wedding in 1981 (I believe the wedding had the highest TV ratings in the US at the time), and lived vicariously through their tumultuous marriage, divorce and Diana's death in 1997.

In 1996, American's who lived through the Camelot era, tried to resurrect that feeling when JFK Jr., and Carolyn Bessette married. Their deaths 3 years later ended that "hope." So people are once again looking to William and Kate's marriage in the same vein (William being like JFK Jr.) but nowadays too few people actually care about such things. (I would be one of them!)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:50 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I hope they live happily ever after.

....on to more important things...
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2011