Do your kids sleep with the door opened or closed

and do you care?

My girls (2 and 5) share a room and when we moved my 22 month old got moved from her crib into the bottom bunk of a bunk bed, for her safety we started closing the girl's door at night so she wouldn't roam the house and get into things.

6 months later I don't like it and want the door back open like it used to be.

both kids can open the door so it's not doing any good closed besides keeping the cats out.

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 8:21 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids are 11 and 16 and both sleep with the door closed. I can't sleep with ours closed, though. I think the habit goes back to when they were little and I wanted to be able to hear them if they called out in the middle of the night. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:24 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• my boys 18 months and 2 1/2 share a room...I keep their door closed to keep them from waking up in the middle of the night or early morning and getting into something dangerous. My room is just across the hall and I can easily get to them incase of an emergency, and the baby monitor is turned up as loud as it can go if they need me.
    sbenbenek

Answer by sbenbenek at 9:34 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Opened with a little crack about 3 inches.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:22 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I keep the door closed for fire safety reason but that is just me.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Closed, to keep the cats out.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:24 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Closed i keep my door wide open so i can hear to get to any part of the house they have to go past my room. But ive kept it close because it block out the sound of the house at night and at 5 in the morning when dh gets up for work they are light sleepers.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My kids sleep with their doors cracked open just alittle, If i close it all the way they freak out, but sometimes i close it all the way when i'm in the living room to keep the sounds out of their rooms but open the door before i go to sleep.
    thismotherof2

Answer by thismotherof2 at 8:31 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• DD-3- closed because she will get out if I don;t DS-6- likes it open '7 inches' lmoa. I dunno.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:34 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Closed, because our house isn't very big and there still is stuff going on (cleaning, tv watching) after they go to bed and I want them to sleep w/o being nosy
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It's usually opened, unless he closes it himself, which he does occasionally
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:35 AM on Apr. 25, 2011