Would you care is your SO/DH had wedding photos of him and his ex?

or photos of him and his ex gf?

I was cleaning up and ran across some old photos.. not sure how i feel about it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• No, as long as they're not mounted on the wall. He had a life before me, he's allowed to have photos of it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It wouldn't bother me if they we buried in a drawer. It was a major part of his life good or bad or maybe some of both and for that reason he holds onto them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My husband doesn't have an exwife. In fact the closest thing I can relate to would be photos from dances that he attended in school with other girls. He still has those and I don't care at all. It's part of his past and unless you didn't know about it when you got married, there really isn't a reason to be upset.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• no, i have photos of all my exes. just pics. its not like i have them displayed through our home. they are put away in a box with all my other photos. i found a photos of my dh's ex gf once mixed in with some of his car photos..i showed it to him and teased him and just put it back. i wouldnt be upset over it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Not really- esp. if there are kids involved. I have a photo album saved for my boys of me & their dad. He just passed about a year ago, and I'm really glad I kept it for them. My husb does not feel threatened in any way by this (even when their dad was still here), b/c he knows that was my past & he is my present & future. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• He could hang on to them. As long as they aren't like hanging on the walls with OUR pictures you know.
    xixCandyxix

Answer by xixCandyxix at 8:35 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It would not bother me. It is something that is apart of that persons past. Their memories. I would not expect them throw them away just because they are with me. Heck, even if I get remarried someday I will have some pictures from my first wedding on display. Granted my ex is not in them but still. I also have many pictures with my ex in them and I have no intention of getting rid of them.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Dh and I don't have ex-spouses and dh doesn't have any ex-girlfriends. I have a couple ex-boyfriends and I still have pictures of them around in a box. There are pictures from prom and college and I figure my kids might want to see them when they get older and want to laugh at our clothes or what not. If dh did have an ex-wife and they had kids then I would expect him to have pictures to give/show to the kids. That would totally be understandable and make sense.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My hubby and I both have wedding albums of our previous weddings. They dont bother either of us having them. Both are first marriages were the white dress big formal church things and we both have pic's of family members who are dead, so the picture mean something to both of us. Now If the hubby were carrying around a portrait of his ex in his wallet, I would have a problem with that.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:04 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Not all at- it DID happen and was obviously a big part of his life. That being said I wouldn't want them out in the open for viewing everyday. I would hope they would be tucked away some private.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2011