What do people want to hear more about, real work at home jobs or their unemployment life?

The reason why i ask this question is because i am currently unemployed and want to know what people on cafemom want to talk about more and what moms that are unemployed are doing with there lives now that they don't have a job...

thismotherof2

Asked by thismotherof2 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• People on here ask all the time about work at home jobs. ALL the time.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:31 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Like scout_mom said, it's mostly about work at home jobs.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Short of running a large daycare out of your home, your NOT going to make enough $$ at any work at home job's like survey site's or paid e-mail reading. Medical coders go to school to do their job and have to work for a company 5 years before they can do their job from home. I work as a Real Estate Agent from home and make good $$ but this is not always the case with all work from home jobs. Its so sad to me to ee so many Moms looking for work from home job's and even sadder that they think they can earn a real and regular paycheck. When they ask about WFHJ's they get lots of lady's trying to get them to sign up under their pyramid scheme claiming they make $. In todays economy, when you have NO job, ANY job is good enough. Even a job at McDonalds.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:57 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I disagree vbruno, I worked in direct sales for a very long time and made very good money before I decided to open my in home bakery. Direct sales takes a lot of hard work and dedication, and not all of them are great, but there are a couple out there that I would do again if I wanted to work outside the home and be my own boss. My sister is a medical coder, she worked 6months in a docs office and then worked for three years at home... I think it depends on the area. I work from home, but there was a time that I didn't, I spent all my time with my children, started a moms group, a weight loss group, and sold some stuff on ebay for a time....... Just because you are unemployed doesn't make you any less interesting, whatever you want to talk about, I'm here to listen.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Vbruno, I have a wahj and I make decent money. There are plenty of companies hiring people to work at home by answering calls. I can choose my own schedule, work part time or full time, etc. All it takes is someone doing a little research to find the at hone job that works for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Vbruno, I completely DISAGREE..I have a Home based Business now and I bring in as much if not more than my hubby and I do it from home.
    It takes some dedication and commitment....completely doable though.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm with vbruno - I really don't believe there are many legitimate work at home opportunities.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I am a sales Consultant for Brown Bag Party. We offer high quality Spa products, Massage oils & tools, Lingerie, Novelty items and Adult toys. Although I travel to do my parties... most of my work is done from my home office. I only do parties on Saturday evenings though. I make 50% commission and make my own schedule. It is a fun way to meet new people and make some extra cash!

For more information on joining my team or to book a party please
    visit my website BrownBagParty.com/NaughtyNatasha
    NAUGHTYnatasha

Answer by NAUGHTYnatasha at 5:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• VBruno doesnt realize that as a real estate worker she is in a BIG MLM company, the biggest scheme is real estate she will never make more than the broker because she is the agent.

Dont listen to people who talk out of their butts when they work the same system.

Anything where you cant make more money than your superiors is a pyramid scheme by uneducated peoples dictionary.

Work at home jobs are real, I have worked with a work at home BPO company who is also has a onsite call center in my town.

So forget the bologny check out my free list of work at home jobs on HOMECAREERSUCCESS.COM

And as for me, id like to hear about both because both pertain.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Looking for work should be a full time job. How are you conducting your jobsearch

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2011