Gee- here's a shocker! Not!

Good Morning America just reported this morning that as gas prices are hitting record levels, Exxon has reported a 60% JUMP IN PROFITS! Well, isn't that great for them?! Pretty soon, the oil execs will be the only ones left who can afford to drive! This is out of hand! What can be done to stop this obnoxious level of greed?

*I am not anti-business & understand the importance of making a profit- but not at this level, which impacts every aspect of our economy.

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Oil Lobby is one of the biggest out there, Gas prices go UP when the ME is having turmoil....

In other words, they BENEFIT from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.....

in 2008 when our prices were soaring from the wars, their profits were through the roof....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:46 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Well, surprise, surprise. And no Bush in office to blame for this one. I agree with you, something needs to be done before Exxon and the like bankrupt our country.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I can afford to drive...ahem.
    Yup profits are up. And tax revenue through gas taxes are down.
    Hmmmm........Obama sure knows how to run th is country doesn't he?
    A previous profit margin of 8%, with a now 60% jump in it proves to be mathematically......An overall profit margin of 12.8%.
    Anyone want to compare that other Energy companies, or other US companies?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:35 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• hand! What can be done to stop this obnoxious level of greed?

----
    Look around your house, oh like maybe at your Internet provider and your Cell phone provider. Then come back and tell me what their profit margins are and what you are going to do about their obnoxious levels of greed.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:37 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Investor relations for Verizon show a return in 2010 of 23.1%. double what Exxon reported.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:45 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• And you all thought Bush was the one responsible for high gas prices! What do you think of Obama now?! LOL
    ---
    I think he's an oil man. Actually an Energy man.
    Electric car specualtion drove my coal stocks through the roof, after stating prior to election he would bankrupt them. He's flip flopped on his own ideas.
    His ties to BP have only cause the company to make more money.
    GE the largest LIBERAL Energy company in the world,Tied to OBAMA yeah well my stock with them is up about 30% not reflecting their profits of 77%. But I'll wait it out, something tells me it can only go up from here.
    Energy is bipartisan. I'll tell ya'll that AGAIN.
    All politicians make money on Energy dependence in Every Country, Every Day.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28ethanol.html?ref=billclinton

The Clintons would like to make some money off of your gas problems in this country, and cause both of your fuel and food costs to go up. No OP comments on this today?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The energy Dept REALLY needs to investigate the speculators and look deeply into the bank accounts of these crooks.

***
    They can investigate all they want. The issue is that OBAMA refuses to drill here in America. This results in giving speculators free reign on determining the price per barrel based on what THEY (a relative handful of people) think it should be, based on whether or not THEY think we have too much or too little supply!!

The solution to ending the control the SPECULATORS have on the PPB cost, is Obama saying he WILL allow drilling in here!! But, as long as he's in office, the speculators know they can do whatever they want!!

And you all thought Bush was the one responsible for high gas prices! What do you think of Obama now?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:03 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Investor relations shows an almost 11% growth in just the wireless capacities for AT&T, you're not complaining about them.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:49 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2011