Have you ever

cut a family member off or a in law of? WHat did you do just stop talking to them or let them know and then stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I've seen a few family feuds in my day (been a part of a couple of them). In my experience, we just stopped communicating- and it was usually preceded by an ugly arguement- so no need for explanation. Dont know all the details of your situation, but I can tell you that it's much easier on everyone for the 2 sides to try to work out their differences. The longer it lasts, the higher the risk of a family divided. So w/ Easter symbolizing new beginnings, I hope you are able to put it behind you. GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• We moved half way across the country to get away from the hubby's meddling family. We were already looking to move but when the opportunity came to really move away we jumped at it. It was one of the hubby's sisters. We still dont talk to her or have anything to do with her. Meddling bitch that she is.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yes its my dh sister to. She crossed a huge line and completely disrespected me and i don't get offended easily.I was so pissed i was tempted to hit her but man i refrained myself and it was HARD! I was so upset i couldn't sleep right when it happened (becaus im not use to getting so mad lol).

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:54 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I just stopped talking to them. Sometimes they have called but generally they dont when they know u have issues with them.
    angelbritnee

Answer by angelbritnee at 9:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Yep,just did. My crazy aunt and her child abusing daughter

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My BIL and SIL. They basicly told my DH they did not like me. My DH had my BIL on speaker on his cell when my BIL was saying bad things about me. (BIL did not know I was listening). I have not talked or went over to their house sense.

Answer by louise2 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My mom and my aunt had a huge blow out a few years ago and my mom called me hysterically crying (so much so I thought somethihg had happened to my dad because of the things my aunt said to her. I indirectly wrote her off because of the way she treated my mom but they are slowly rebuilding their relationship so I've stopped inorning her as much.
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have a few family members that I no longer speak to--- they could not accept that I have my own opinions on certain topics and since my views disagreed with theirs they were extremely rude about it and told me they would 'forget my email address' and I was like "fine, whatever". Since that day 2 1/2 yrs ago I have not heard a word from them. Oh well their loss and my life is so much happier without all their drama.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:00 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My family is full of feuds and we've been known to cut people off for their actions.
    My brother is out of the loop because of drug abuse. He knows full well that the family is tired of his lieing and were all tired of it and trying to get him to wake up, stop blaming everyone else, not raising his kids, etc...
    I have very little to do with my sister - she's a crappy mom and a shit disturber. I don't need or want that in my life so except when the family gathers, I don't see or talk to her. I barely say 3 words to her when we are near each other. I haven't told her everything about how I feel because I don't want to cause more issues than is already there & it's not really worth it because she'll just play a victim and never change...
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 25, 2011