What age do newborn clothes fit too?

I know on the tag it says for newborn it is up to 8 pounds, but can they actually fit longer than that? The reason I ask is cause someone gave me a bunch of clothes that were mostly newborn (I am pregnant), but my oldest was 8.1 and my second was 8.7 and this baby at 6 months is already mesuring big so I don't know if I should count these when buying other clothes? I am buying up to 9 months. So I am trying to see what we still need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for a week or 2, i would buy 0-3 months clothes.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• When my kids were born they were not able to wear the newborn clothes for more than a couple of weeks and both of my babies were in the six pound range.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My son was 8.2 and he wore Newborn clothes for 3 days. I agree that 0-3 month clothes are a better investment.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• All I can say is try them when you're baby is born. If they don't fit, then get rid of them. If they do, then keep them until they're too small. All babies are different. So you never know if the clothes might fit or not.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• my son fit one newborn outfit and that was while he was in the hospital. he was 8lb 2.4oz when i got home he was eating like a pig and gaining. he didnt wear any newborn clothes.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• my oldest was also in the six pound range but she wouldn't fit newborn, she had to wear preemie for the longest time. i think she graduated to newborn size by 1 month and didn't fit into 0-3 til 3 months. it all depends really. my middle was born weighing 10 pounds and went straight to 0-3 month clothing.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Newborn clothes only fit my kids for 2 weeks and they were 7.2, 8.0 and 7.9lbs. I would get 0-3 months clothes My kids were those until about 2 1/2 months old.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:13 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My youngest was in newborns for 3 months. She was 7 lbs 12 oz at birth, but didn't gain weight fast. They fit her better than anything else - even the 0/3 month clothes were huge on her for the first month.

Answer by missanc at 9:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• from my experience up to 2 months depending on the size of the baby. I know NB clothes didnt fit my babies cuz they all were almost 8 lbs. if u have a smaller baby maybe up to 2 months. but usually i've had to but 0-3 months clothes, even though they were bigger as a NB babies. Wish they made a size in between NB and 0-3 cuz the 0-3 is kinda big on a newborn baby. but hey they will grow....dont sweat it.
    angelbritnee

Answer by angelbritnee at 9:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Both my kids were over 8 lbs at birth. One fit in to NB for about 2 weeks, the other was in NB for almost 3 months.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2011