Am i ready to marry him?

I will be 19 in 2 months and i have been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years. I love him very much and we are the perfect couple,says every one of our friends. We rarely fight, he is my best friend and the only person who understands me. I just think i am too young to know if i am ready but i really do think that i am.Does age matter? and he is more religious then me but i do beleive in what he talks about. Hes not super relious he just knows more then me because hes been to church all his life. His parents are super religious though. is that a problem?

Keriii24

Asked by Keriii24 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you are right. U could be too young to marry and see, u are already having doubts. Just wait and see if this is what u want. dont rush.
    angelbritnee

Answer by angelbritnee at 9:01 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• can't answer that for ya sweetie! As far as his parents being really religous, it's only a problem if you and your BF let it be
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:02 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If you are asking that question sweetheart, you are to young.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I don't think the religion part is a problem, unless he makes you feel uncomfortable or forces you to do things you don't want to.

As for the age, if your are ready then you are ready. I was 19 when I got married and have been happily married for 4 years. We have been to gether for 8.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Only you can answer that, maybe you could get some couples counseling through his church???? Maybe that would help you sort things out.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:09 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Some people are ready at a young age and some still need to grow a little. I met my DH in college we dated for 3 years were engaged for 1 and have been married now for almost 18. He was 24 and I was 26.

momtaz122

Answer by momtaz122 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The best advice I could give is trust your gut! If you're still thinking about it, deciding if you're ready...then take the time to keep thinking until you know. I personally was too young at 19, I got married just before my 20th birthday, and although looking back now I think he was the right guy, it was not the right time for either of us...we rushed it because he was in the military and we were worried he'd be deployed...but he never went and within 2 yrs our wonderful relationship couldnt with stand the stress and confusion we were going through. I had worried I was too young, but didn't trust my gut, sometimes I wonder we would still be together and happy if I had waited. So if you ARE ready its a beautiful thing and if you're not, you'll get there soon enough. I wish you the best of luck with either choice!
    sbenbenek

Answer by sbenbenek at 9:13 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• one of my best friends got married straight out of highschool at 18. her and her husband celebrated their 6 year anniversary yesterday, they have 3 kids together also. they were ready. it depends on you two though and how you feel. having questions/doubts might mean you aren't yet, and that's okay too. you have your whole life to decide :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I got married at 18, and that was more than 46 years ago, but I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with the man I married. If you don't know that you know, then I would say you should wait. It might even be a good idea to date some other guys for a while. If this is the one, you will come to know that he is.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I stopped reading at I am 19 years old....NO YOU ARE NOT READY TO GET MARRIED!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2011