Had anyone gone through this? adult content

I just found out that with pregnancy i'm dealing with placenta previa and single umbilical artery. I was in the hospital last week and i came home friday night but i have to go in today and there is a chance that i will have to stay in the hospital. I have been bleeding since feb 17th. It's heavy bleeding that just won't stop. I'm now i bed rest. I can't do anything for myself. I can get even get a glass of water. So has anyone gone through this? If so how was it for you on bed rest and how was your delivery? was everything okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I haven't actually had it, but my sister did. She must have had a mile case as her only limitations were to not lift more than 10 lbs. They did say if it got worse they would put her on bed rest. When she went back to her next appointment they said she didn't have it anymore... I didn't realize it was something that went away, but apparently it is :) Good luck!
    JamieLSan

Answer by JamieLSan at 9:21 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• my friend had to be put on bedrest around 20 weeks because she had a low lying placenta and went into labor. she was given shots and pills to stop the labor, and the bedrest helped to keep it that way. it was hard for her because she had a 3 year old to take care of as well and her husband was deployed. she moved in with her MIL so that was a big help for her. however she was given bathroom/shower exceptions. she spent a lot of time watching her DVR lol and movies with her daughter. the delivery wasn't so smooth, but i dont want to scare you with the details. im sure a lot of it had to do with her doc taking her off bedrest too early. in the end though, both her and the baby were 100% fine.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i was on bed rest for 3 mths. i had a subchorionic hemmorage and bled a lot. im now off bed rest and as of today i am 18wks and very healthy, and we find out in 2 hrs wht we are having.. bed rest is hard but its very worth it, whn u keep thinking tht ur thr to keep ur baby and ur body safe. read a lot of books, watch movies, try and say busy. good luck and keep us updated.. best wishes..
    Daph2387

Answer by Daph2387 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm a little over 20 weeks now and I have a three year old. I'm lucky my MIL takes my son when my husband is working but it's hard for me with everything that is going on. I can't lift over 5 pounds i can take a shower but someone has to be in the bath room cause they are scared i might pass out because of the amount of blood i have lost. And it looks like part of the placenta has detached from my uterus and that part is now dead and that is causing most of the bleeding. I'm just scared that something bad might happen.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• its totally normal for you to be scared. the best thing to do though is just take your doc's advice and lay up in bed and follow the limitations. that will keep the risks as low as they can be. sorry that you have to go through this, i cant imagine how scary it is. hugs!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Never been through this, but I'll wish you the best.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Do what the dr says. Even if it seems drastic it will help you. I am so sorry you are going through this and I wish you and your baby the best.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• im relly sorry that you are going through this! I personally never had this problem but i wish you all the luck for you and your baby!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'm back in the hospital but at least i can use my computer here. I'm in one hospital for six days then i will be sent to a special hospital that a NICU just in case we are going to need it. Thank you for all this support.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2011