My boyfriend is leaving to Texas for 5 months to get into a union.

I am almost 19 I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years and we love eachother very much. people say we are the perfect couple because we rarely fight,we agree on alost everything, we trust eachother, we care and tell eachother everything. but now he is getting this job in a union where his dad works but in order to get it he has to go away for 5 months.ive never been away from him for a day for the past 2 years.hes going to be with his super religious dad that whole time and im afraid he will change.ive talked to him about all that and he said that he will never force me to change and he thinks he wont either. i really think we will be alright but do you have any suggestions on what we can do to keep the relationship strong? and what should i expect when he gets back?will the relationship be different?

Keriii24

Asked by Keriii24 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Any reason you can't go with him?
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It's way too early to tell if things will be different when he returns. No one can know that for sure, not even him. Really, all that anyone can tell you is that if your love is that strong, then not even time or distance will damage it. Stay strong, be supportive of him strengthening his future and do everything you can to just go on as tho nothing has changed. You'll be fine Momma - it'll all be okay - just hang in there and don't focus on the negative (it'll drive ya nuts if you do). GL to you and to him.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 9:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i want to keep my job but we have talked about it and almost considered it because he wants to take care of me and support me.but since his dad is pretty religious he doesnt want us to live together yet since were not married.plus i dont want to quit my job and then something happens where we broke up or something and then im jobless.i like to be independent.
    Keriii24

Comment by Keriii24 (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Do y'all have a child together? Sounds like he is already being influenced by his father, going to work with him and leaving you for five months. Distance could be the best thing for your relationship, especially if marriage is in the future.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:06 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• no we dont have a kid and we have been talking about getting married. he wants to marry me really bad but i said im not ready yet because i just want to wait a little bit more. i just want to know if we are going to be different when he comes back and if we are going to have to rebuild our relationship again. i just dont want our seperation to make us go different ways later on.
    Keriii24

Comment by Keriii24 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• People grow and change - sometimes for the better & sometimes not! All you can do it keep the communication going and compromise along the way.

monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 25, 2011