I love my period!!!!

I love my period!! Yeah, it sounds strange, but I do. I hear so many women disliking the red mess, but my period is a sign of a natural force of life (the fire of life). Reason why I say this is because I came across an elderly lady saying that she cannot go without her estrogen shots, that the estrogen gives her energy and stabilizes the hot flashes, and that I really need to value that "vitality of life".

Now that I'm getting older, in my forties, I'm trying to hold on whatever vitality, fertility, and youth that nature is giving me (without the expensive injections).

(I'm actually scared of going through menopause)

How many of you love your period or looking forward to the menopause?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Health

• i love it because it means my husband's vasectomy worked and there are no more surprises on the way. LOL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Can't wait for it to be over.
    momtaz122

Answer by momtaz122 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• ewww..nothing about blood and gunk coming out of your vagina is good. sooooo glad i'm on the downhill!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:37 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I can't wait for it to be over, I feel so sick and crabby.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• i will admit i was happy to see mine after not having it for so many years when i was on the depo.. after i stopped getting the depo it still took 2 yrs to even see my period. when it did come i was so relieved and happy. I'm happy to have mine but i'm miserable when i get it because i hurt so bad from the back pain!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I went through menapause when I was 26 because I had a full hysterectomy, and although I don't have to take horomone replacment meds yet I do take OTC herbal remedies to help with the hot flashes, night sweats and moodiness. The most annoying thing I've found (besides the chin hair) is the extreme PMS I have, without a period to show for it. So, yeah I love my period because I no longer have to deal with it.
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I just started mine today (TMI I know) and I hate it. the cramps suck, I'm so tired i can hardly keep my eyes open and it is a sign that once again TTC has not worked..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I had a hysterectomy (still have my ovaries) 9 years ago.  I have not missed my periods at all!  I'm 47 now and going through menopause, it's been a pretty easy ride so far.  I'm not on any medications or hormones and have more energy and vitality than I did in my 30's.  I certainly don't miss the fertility, it's far more liberating when you don't have to worry about contraception or unwanted pregnancy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:38 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Well i dont love it but i dont want menopause either,
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 11:57 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Well, I don't love it by any means, but I'm always a bit relieved when it starts because it means I didn't get pregnant in the last month! lmao
    Anonymous