How did you potty train your toddler?

What method did you use? Did you put them on the toilet every 30 min or wait for them to tell you? Did you use training pants or regular underwear? There are so many different thoughts, I don't know where to start.

mupt02

Asked by mupt02 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL! Still working on number 2 but I just gave her big girl panties as soon as she seemed interested in the potty.
    momofana82

Answer by momofana82 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Good question! I am in the same boat as you girl ! I need some advice too!
    TiffysBabies

Answer by TiffysBabies at 12:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• www.onestepahead.com item #13027 the amazing potty seat this toilet seat really works the kids feel safe and they want to use it just check it out my son learned to use within 2 days : )
    jojomommy

Answer by jojomommy at 12:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• First of all I had my twins wearing trainers and I was taking them to the potty every hour and having them sit for 5 min. That did work for one of them then my 11 yr old and I thought about using stickers for a reward so we made a little chart with both of the twins' names on it and everytime they actually did the potty they would pick the sticker they wanted and put it under their name and it worked like magic. Now they are both pros. I say it took about a week or so for the both of them to be fully trained.
    Luna0574

Answer by Luna0574 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• With my oldest, I worried alot about getting him potty trained. When I finally stopped trying to get him to go he went when he was ready. Just have a potty chair in each level of your home, let the child come in when you potty or leave the door open while you go (they will get it) and then just leave the child alone and they will go when they are ready. The oldest child is the hardest. I have four kids and the oldest wasn't potty trained until age 3 while the youngest was out of diapers completely by 18 months. My theory is that the more people the child sees going to the potty, the more they will want to do it too.
    Eliza34

Answer by Eliza34 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We used the 3daypottytraining.com method. Worked like a charm and she was potty trained at 20 months!
    rynsmommy

Answer by rynsmommy at 1:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We bought the potty chair when she turned 2 1/2 I tried and tried she went on the potty for the first time on her 3rd birthday I was so excited, that was the last time!! I finally gave up on her and one day I walked in to the bathroom and there she was (with a book mind you!!) and we have never looked back. She will be 4 next month and has only been using the potty for about 4 months.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008