Needing advice: I ovulated on the 9th of this month, my period was due on the 23rd, still no sign of it. I have taken a home pregnancy test and still getting negative results. How long should I wait to test again?

kmorris83

Asked by kmorris83 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Give it a few more days and test first thing in the morning.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:40 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• They say to wait a week and then try again. I however, can't wait that long and am going to try in 2 days. Good luck!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:42 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Just this month my period was due to start on the 19th, but didn't start till today....so it was 6 days late. I never tested during that time, but I would have if I went one more day without a period. I would wait until the 30th and test again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• When you use 1st morning urine, the 1st pee of the day, the hormone the test it looking for has the highest concentration. If you tested at another time, try using 1st morning urine next time. You also can have more accurate results if you pee into a cup and dip the stick. Sometimes, when you go to pee on the stick, the stick doesn't get wet enough.

To wait or not depends on how you did the test last time.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I'd give it a couple of days.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:27 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Give it a few more days. I agree with the others who say use dip sticks and use first morning uring. Collect the sample mid flow. When it gets to be a week late, go to the dr's and ask for a blood test. Are you actively TTC? Could their be other explainations - ie; high stress at mo? weight loss?
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 12:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• still too early for enough of the pg. hormone to show up, wait a few days. But until you actually get your period, don't loose hope. I tested negative on the pee test two weeks after the doctor confirmed my pg. with a blood test! I did it just for curiosity. I have a healthy 8 year old from that!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 4:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2011