Hip pain

I am at 31 weeks tomorrow.. and I do not sleep. My hips and back are killing me. I wake up almost every hour to move to get comfortable to go back to sleep. Is there any way to deal with this??

annabelle092810

Asked by annabelle092810 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Use a big pillow between your knees when sleeping on your side and the pain in the hips should not bother you with the pillow in place.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:41 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• My OB told me that 1 Tylenol is ok
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree with keeping a pillow between your legs to keep your hips apart. That helps. If it is still a problem, you can try sleeping in a recliner. Some women find that is the only way they can sleep. (I'm right there with you on this one. When I wake up in the morning, I can barely walk my hips hurt so much. I can usually manage to get comfortable enough to sleep a few hours at a time with a pillow between my legs, and a pillow between my feet.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:48 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• OMG! I thought I was the only person having that problem! I'm 32 weeks and sometimes I can't even walk my hips hurt so bad!...thankyou for asking this lol...I'm going to try the pillow thing that the other moms are suggesting
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Body pillow = best friend in 3rd trimester. My husband complains that the pillow replaces him for cuddling!!! It is the only way that I can get comfy though.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• There are several exercises that may help in alleviating the pain that are taught in most birthing classes. Using a pregnancy pillow would also help lessen the pain when sleeping. Before taking any medications for pain or thinking of having a deciding on having a DePuy hip replacement, it is safe to ask your OB first .

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2012