Recently ive noticed my future mother in law has been having an attitude with for no reason at all, what should i do?

before her son asked to marry me she was so nice. i couldnt ask for a better mother in law. well good things must come to an end... sometimes her remarks are rude and insensitive. i just ignore her, but his kids are starting to not speak at times and even being rude at times. whenever i send a dish or something over everyones like oh thank you it was so good,blah! blah! blah! i stopped instantly when they started treating me like i really dont know. i just know i dont like ir. i dont understand at first everyone was nice now im like what is going on. i try and keep my distance and i just dont talk to them much anymore. they seem to get an attitude with me just because. its starting to bother me alot. i definately know my future fiance sees nothing so i just keep quiet and stay away.

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• maybe it's jitters about the upcoming wedding? has he been married before and it didn't wok out? It could be alot of things. i would suggest just keep your head up and keep doing nice things so you can tell yourself that you have nothing to complain about!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:51 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• has your fiance said things to them to make them think differently of you? any arguments or fights he might've blabbed about to them?
    anything is possible. however, i'd question continuing this relationship/marriage if he's not willing to back you up. something is wrong, and he sees nothing? something's up, girl. and its causing me to doubt your/his future..happy future, that is.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Point it out to your future husband now. Until recently I didn't realize how much I kept from my husband about the things his mom did when we were first married (she did a complete 180 when we got married - I went from being like a daughter to her to that witch who ruined her "gift from God"). My husband had no idea how horrible she was to me because she was sneaky and I didn't want to cause problems. If I had then I might not have spent all these years of misery around her. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:52 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• if you are feeling like this now and you aren't even married than you need to say something to you fiance. I know my MIL was always very nice until something happened and then at one point she told me I was going to ruin her sons life. That was 14 years ago. We have had to make things work and my DH knows that I have hard time with her although I make the best of it for my children and because she is my DH's mother. So if you already feel this way then you really need to deal with it now.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• This should be of great concern to you. If they are treating you like this now, it will only get worse after the marriage takes place. You really need to talk to your boyfriend and tell him what you are sensing and ask him what he knows about the situation. If you can't communicate with him about this now, you are going to be in for a really rough ride. I know that women say they are marrying the man and not his family, but the truth is that you get the whole ball of wax, and unless you and he are on the same page, trouble awaits. You really need to get this cleared up now.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:03 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Oh I know exactly how you feel. I lived with my mil but then my husband and i moved about 2 hours away right before we got married and then the bitch came out in her. She didn't think the color of my moms dress was appropriate, she told me every chance she got that my fil loved my bil's girlfriend so much because she gives him hugs and kisses. i had my fil live with me for3 months because they were in the process of buidling a house near us and he didnt have anywhere to go while he built it. she talks about my daughter like she is the worse kid in the world and i have asked other people and they all said she is a typical 3 year old. my mil never says any of this stuff infront of my husband so he thinks she is sweet and innocent. she even accused me of trying to kill my daughter because i was having problems breast feedig her and she was losing weight. good luck. i feel for you.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2011