Have you used the diet pill Alli?

I have been thinking about trying it out but want to get feedback from people who have used it. Good or bad I would like your information on it from experience. Thanks ladies!

momma2JD

Asked by momma2JD at 9:55 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• its an over the counter version of xenical ( legal over the counter here in Mexico) it works but easy on the greasy food as it will drip without warning
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Good stuff! However, it blocks a percentage of fat, the fat has to come out somehow. Many people. I know had to wear pads for that problem. I personally didn't, I just would go to the bathroom. The fat leakage is the only downfall.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:58 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I've heard that it definitely seems to work, however be prepared for anal leakage....I've heard several people complain about that little issue.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:24 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• anal leakage? Seriously!?! ewww yuck!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• You leak out liquid poop....not to mention last May it was linked to causing severe permanent liver damage and failure. Like so many other diet pills out there, i'm sure it'll eventually be pulled from shelves and banned, Don't do it! Eat a healthy balanced diet within your calorie needs, exercise daily to burn more calories than what you eat....and you will lose weight, the healthy way, without pills or supplements. They are just too costly for the wallet and possibly for your health and life.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Before it was alli, I took it by prescription. My parents made me take it, I was about 14. It was horrible. You leak out orange greasy fat and it soaks thru panties and clothes. You never feel clean down there. Imagine the grease that floats on top of a sink full of dishwater after washing pots and pans, and that is what's coming out down below, but it's bright orange. I didnt understand why it always came out either, because we never ate fried food.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:12 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• MKSers, it's pretty much bile! I had the same issues when I had my gallbladder removed. I called it yellow jello as it's bright almost neon yellow and like clear sludge. In those with gallstones and those who have their gallbladders removed it's specifically called "Bile Salt Diarrhea" Thankfully 7 years later I only have this issue about once a month...when it was first removed it was a daily thing.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• It works by forcing you to eat a low fat diet. There are better, healthier ways to lose weight that don't require you to buy a pill. I'd explore other routes. It actually states on the package that you should wear dark pants, because of the anal leakage issue. The Alli binds to the bile, which keeps the fat from being absorbed. So the fat ends up in your large intestine. Your large intestine isn't meant to have fats in it, so those lipids leak out. Frankly, that's not worth it to me!

I've had a lot of success with eating clean.  Here's my journal with clean eating basics, and another about healthy weight loss.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2011