What are the tricks to passing the real esate state test?

Was thinking about taking the class, but so many ppl say the test is really hard and some of them didn't pass it. That's what holding me back.

thismotherof2

Asked by thismotherof2 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• the same tricks as with any test..study! study! study! realtors know and do much more than just show pretty houses.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:04 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• STUDY!!!!!!!!!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• and don't underestimate the test, its not easy
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Now is a really bad time to go into real estate. My mil got her license, but has been trying to make a go of it for three years without it paying the bills. She had a very, very successful career in sales prior to trying real estate, so she knows how to market. Tough market these days.
    momversuswild

Answer by momversuswild at 10:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Don't let people discourage you from attending real estate school.

Good luck!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Study, it is not that hard!

Answer by older at 10:28 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The thing that I found was really, truly, TAKE YOUR TIME. Most of the questions have some sort of tricky part in them, you need to read it carefully. I passed on the second time. I was the last one in the room and I used every second of the time allotted!  Do realize all the costs involved going in though.  I passed in October, but for me to get in with a company, I would have had to pay like $800.00 and then turn around and pay again in January.  There are MLS fees, desk fees, advertising costs, auto wear and tear, etc.  No to mention that you might sell a house one time a year, but yet still put in 40 hrs a week, mostly evening and weekends.  I decided to forego it all, because it was just too much for my schedule.  (We own our own businesses).  So, really think about it. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• The crash course was well worth the expense for me; but the license itself? Not worth the paper it's printed on. Too many people in real estate at the time. There were 1800 people taking the test when I did!

The field has shaken out a bit, but I'm no longer interested.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Study hard.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I am by no means trying to discourage you. Go for it and good luck, you'll do fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2011