Where are ppl getting their products to sell on ebay?

I wanted to open an ebay store just to make some extra money, but i havent been able to find stuff that ppl would want to buy. Most places are from china and aren't real product. HELP!

thismotherof2

Asked by thismotherof2 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• you would be surprised what people will buy don't get discouraged. i used to sell things that i found at garage sales or my children's old toys or gently used clothes that they grew out of it. Don't get overwhelmed just start out slow and you'll see it can be alot of fun
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:04 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Toys are good ( new toys) not every state or city carry the good stuff as they would in bigger cities, try to buy 2 and sell 1
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• flea markets, good will, yard sales and other thrift stores are common places to get items that people will resell on ebay. some never look into the worth of all that "junk" they find in Granny's old house after she passes and people make quite a few on that "junk"
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:08 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Garage sales are a great place to find things. Also places like Kohls, Pennys, aeropostale have big sales after season. And you can get stuff for .99 or $1.00. My mom found several shorts/swimming trunks for that price and sold on ebay

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I go to garage sales on Saturday and find things that I can fix, paint, refinish, etc. and then sell for a profit.

Answer by missanc at 10:20 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Everywhere! Close out stores are the best. TJ Maxx, Big Lots... because those are the items people want and are no longer going to be able to get, except from you! Anytime you see something closing out, grab it! A couple years ago, I went to VS and they were closing out a line of makeup, I was lucky enough to get it all.... Right now, it's going big because you can't get it anymore.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011