My daughter is 2 yrs of age and gets migraine's, does anyone else have this problem? What can I do?

She gets frequant headaches that make her sick to her stomach. She has an MRI scheduled for the 15th, but her Dr. thinks it could be migraine's due to the fact it runs on my husband's side of the family.

MyAaliyahBaby

Asked by MyAaliyahBaby at 11:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Health

• I got them my whole childhood until I was about 14. I got them so bad that it caused stomach problems, my body shut down. I grew out of them, but at 17 started having seizures and found out I was epileptic. And the migraines could have easily been a sign, but they would never run tests on me. I would def. get the MRI, it could be nothing, but you don't want to miss anyhting serious.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I have gotten migraines for a long time. I also get sick to the stomach and sometimes throw up because of them. One thing I have learned is to avoid things that trigger migraines or make them worse. Food is a big one for me. Also, chemicals, smells, perfumes. Maybe switching to natural cleaners can help. Sleep habits, if I get to bed too late or sleep in too long that can cause a headache. Here are some common foods to avoid: MSG, Nitrates and Nitrites that are in many processed meats, cheeses that are aged for a long time, fresh yeast-risen baked goods, aspartame, onions, citrus and bananas. I have gotten some of this information from the book Heal Your Headache by David Buchholz, M.D. I have found this book to be very helpful in understanding and avoiding my headaches. Chiropractor also helps for me when I can afford it (: I agree with the previous comment, you should make sure it's not anything serious as well.
    karlyflower

Answer by karlyflower at 12:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2008