Is there some type of legal action I can take?

It has become obvious to me that trying to be the bigger person is not working for my situation anymore. My mother is and has always been somewhat dramatic and pretty much crazy and will do about anything. Anyways she is angry now because my grandmother told her yesterday that the reason we left easter early was because she wouldn't let the girls play. She keep following my kids around like they were going to kill themselves walking through they yard. Shw would't let them sit down and eat there lunch with the other kids she made them sit right under her at the table. So after watching her not letting them have fun like normal kids, i took them and left. We had plans that afternoon at home anyways. So my mother called me this morning demanding money that she has given me over the past back. And I am afraid as crazy as she is that she is going to try something crazy like taking the kids away from me or something about grandparents rights. Is there anything i can do to ensure that she doesn't do something stupid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Apr. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hon, your mom might be crazy, and sometimes grandparents can get overprotective, but there is no way a grand parent can take your kids legally unless they can prove you are an unfit mother.

Answer by older at 10:24 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Unless you have been deemed unfit your mother cannot simply walk in and take your children. Sorry she is like this.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think Older says it best...
    Good Luck
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Cut her out. Move if you can (as far away as you can!), change your phone numbers, change your locks, trade in your vehicle (if that applies), but cut her out of your life. She sounds toxic.
    Anonymous

• grandparent rights are VERY legal, my mom fought for them for my sisters kids- she gets 8 weeks a year mandatory with those kids. But unless the court deems u unfit, she can't ever take them away.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:56 PM on Apr. 25, 2011