inducing at 37 weeks???

ok ladies i am 37 weeks, i have no idea if i should have them induce. I have a history of depression and back pain. And I just wana be done. I woke up this morning and I could not walk with out doubling over and crying.

rebel_mommy88

Asked by rebel_mommy88 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 37 wks is not to early and if they want to and you need to go ahead and do it.They wont induce you unless you need to be.At 37 wks the baby should be ok.I had mine at 38 wks and he was great!
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 11:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• they wont induce you unless they have to. besides your not that far away from giving birth anyway. you could end up going into labor on ur own early
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I would recommend against induction unless it's medically necessary. It is more painful for you and more risky for the baby. I know the last couple weeks are hard, but hang in there and let the baby come when it's ready.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:45 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Unfortunately I don't think they'll induce you right now unless you absolutely need it. I too have a history of depression and back pain, and I too am 37 weeks and would rather have my baby out than in my belly...but I don't think that's a good enough reason for them to induce me. I dunno though, talk to your doctor. You never know.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:46 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Im a mother of one and my advice to you is do everything you can to hold off. My son was born at 38 weeks pregnant and was healthy at the time. Then we noticed that his eyes were very yellow and his skin was also yellow every were. It scared me very bad so I called the doctor which was on x-mas eve and told him what I had observed and he told me to bring him in to have his billy checked. This blood test was to determine how bad his jaundice was. The billy level varies and 20 is the danger zone and around 25 is when your baby starts to have brain loss and other side effects. My sons billy was at a 21.7 and he was immediately admitted to the NICU. So we spent x-mas eve and x-mas day in the NICU and I still cry thinking about how hard it was to watch our new beautiful baby stuck in a plastic cage like thing were lights were shining bright on him and he had a mask over his face to protect his eyes.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:07 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Continued... I can even imagine how scared he was and we could only take him out to feed him and change his diaper. The reason why he got sever jaundice was his liver was under developed from being born to early. I had planned to be induced at 38 weeks but the day befor my induction I started having labor pains so they went ahead and induced that day. So I have a little guilt for that but I was already effaced 100% and dilated to a 2 so it might have happened even with out the induction. I just didn't want to be home and go in labor. Good luck to you and again, I would try to wait it out.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

• Unless there is a true medical reason I can't see them inducing you. I have had back pain since I was 10 years old and I went all the way (40 weeks 6 days) and was fine. If you want to give your baby the best start, then don't force it out before it is ready.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2008